About This Course
How It Works
Join a Backchannel Chat
Read Discussion Threads
Read Daily Newsletter
Browse Blog Posts
Add a New Blog Feed
View List of Blogs
Listen to Recordings
Blog Posts RSS
OPML List of Feeds
Week 1: Connectivism?
Week 2: Patterns
Week 3: Knowledge
Week 4: Unique?
Week 5: Groups, Networks
Week 6: PLENK
Week 7: Adaptive Systems
Week 8: Power & Authority
Week 9: Openness
Week 10: Net Pedagogy
Week 11: Research & Analytics
Week 12: Changing views
Week 8 - Power & Authority
Dates: March 7 - March 14, 2011
Networked technologies have changed power and authority. This, networked learning has a great deal in common with approaches to learning that focus on personal empowerment and freedom.
- Stephen Downes, Things You Really Need to Learn Henry A. Giroux, Paulo Freire and the Politics of Postcolonialism
- Gary A. Olsen, History, Praxis, and Change: Paulo Freire and the Politics of Literacy
- William H. Dutton, Through the Network (of Networks) - The Fifth Estate .pdf
- Infed, Ivan Illich: deschooling, conviviality and the possibilities for informal education and lifelong learning
- Helen McCarthy, Paul Miller and Paul SkidmoreNetwork Logic: Who governs in an interconnected world? (.pdf) (this is a book of essays; skim sections that you find to be of interest).
- Edgar Gumbert, ed., Poverty, Power and Authority in Education (.pdf) (this is a book of essays; skim sections that you find to be of interest).
- Mohamed Amine Chatti, Matthias Jarke and Marcus Specht, The 3P Learning Model
- Vance Stevens, Revisiting Multiliteracies in Collaborative Learning Environments: Impact on Teacher Professional Development
- Wednesday: Live Session: Location: Elluminate Ailsa Haxell & Frances Bell
Time: Please note the time change for this session here
- Friday: Live Session: Location: Elluminate Facilitator's discussion.
Time:8:00 p.m. Moscow; 5:00 p.m. London; 12 noon New York; 9:00 a.m. Los Angeles; midnight Saturday Beijing